Visit the Cosplay and Construction Repair Shop in the Blick Art Materials booth #512 to get expert help so you can get on with your Con! While there shop for some of your favorite cosplay and illustration supplies—including tubes for your Artist Alley artwork purchases!
Costume Dress Code
SiliCon with Adam Savage is a family-friendly event, and costuming worn should reflect that basic premise. The minimal dress standards are full-coverage bikini top, and full-cheek coverage swimsuit bottoms. In all cases, local and state decency laws will be applied. Male attendees are strongly encouraged to wear dance belts under any thin-fabric pants (bodysuits, tights, etc.). Precautions should be taken against costume malfunctions (e.g. double-sided tape, pasties, etc.). Footwear must be worn at all times; stocking feet without shoes are not sufficient. Convention staff reserves the right to insist on modifications of costumes.
No functional weapons are allowed at the SiliCon with Adam Savage Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected by Security.
- All costume weapons must conform to city, state, and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Nerf guns are allowed, but ammunition of any kind (foam or otherwise) is prohibited.
- Airsoft guns must be rendered completely inoperable beforehand, that is the gun shall not have any batteries installed, nor gas/propellant in the chamber and the chamber must be filled with wax or similar material. All airsoft guns must have a clearly visible orange tip on the barrel. All airsoft guns will be marked by security at weapons check and have their triggers zip-tied to ensure that the gun is incapable of firing.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver.
- No wooden or aluminum/metal bats are permitted. Items such as bullwhips, ropes and lassos are allowed, but must remain rolled and secured at all times.
- Incendiary or flammable weapons are prohibited, including any items that are capable of igniting sparks or flames, burning, exploding or combusting.
- Do not display your weapons or props in a threatening or menacing manner. (For instance, it’s ok to pose for a picture, but cosplayers should not brandish weapons while walking the event floor.)
- Keep prop weapons in convention areas. If you leave the premises or go out into public for any reason, please put away any and all prop weaponry immediately.
- Any real weapons purchased at the convention that would normally be prohibited by the weapons policy, such as pocket knives, swords, etc., must remain in their original packaging and/or taken out to the car as soon as possible.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
- After each person’s costume weapon has been checked, it will be tagged by security to designate that your weapons have been checked.
- Security will escort you to the Security Desk for inspection if your costume weapon is not tagged.
- If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to the convention.
SiliCon with Adam Savage has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Verbal harassment or abuse
- Physical assault
- Verbal or physical disruption of sanctioned and scheduled SiliCon events
Attendees found breaking our anti-harassment policy face expulsion from the show and/or arrest based on the severity of the behavior
All SiliCon attendees are welcome to enter the annual SiliCon Costume Contest
Entries will be separated into three categories:
– Novice – Contestants who have never entered a prior contest or won any awards.
– Journeyman – Contestants who have won at least one but less than 2 major cosplay/costume awards at any convention.
– Master – Contestants who have won 2 or more major cosplay/costume awards at any convention.